Friday, October 22, 2010

Hangin' With Justins: Making Fun


In order to constantly challenge myself and keep these videos fresh for me (and for you) I've tried one where I never cut away to a closeup of a Justin. Both Justins on screen the entire time. You can hide a lot of bad acting (which I've got plenty of) with cutaways to closeups and I decided that I'd try something different with this one.
This one's short and irreverent, of course, but I feel like I'm honing in on where I want these guys to go as a series, as characters, and the overall story arch of them living together.

4 comments:

  1. when you record 1 side, you should run a separate audio recorder, say your iphone, and then while recording the other side play the audio recorder so you have something to act off of. Would help with the timing and such.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel! Thanks for that idea! I was going to start playing back the video on my computer so I could hear and react accordingly, but recording on the iphone is way simpler. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem. Now that you're out in the world of freelance are you staying in dallas or heading off somewhere else? I only ask because I myself am a texas filmmaker/guy that makes shit and i found it increasingly difficult to find the resources here to make stuff that would reach a larger audience. So Im off to LA next month. Wondering what others experiences are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yo, I tried emailing you after going to your site but the email got sent back to me--I like your work and your layout for showing the films. What's your email?

    ReplyDelete