Monday, January 23, 2012

Girl with Dragon Tattoo Opening Title Sequence

Hello out there, if you've not seen the opening title sequence to 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo', here they are.
I helped concept on them while working at Blur Studios in Venice. I chipped in extremely early on in the process, where we were basically just gathering reference to present to David Fincher, the director of the film.

I found a performance artist in Europe named Franko B that does some stupid things to his body while people watch, and I mainly focused on gathering reference along those lines. I lost sleep after looking for such disturbing material. I was sickened. My stomach hurt, my mind raced. Sweat shot from my every possible place that sweat shoots from.

Blur's work speaks for itself. The sequence rocks, punches you in the ear, and leaves you breathless and slightly nauseated. I know it did me.

HERE IT IS

No comments:

Post a Comment